Today, March 10, is National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day.
What you can do:
- get tested for HIV – find a testing center near you by visiting www.hivtest.org or by texting your zip code to KNOWIT (566948)
- practice safe methods to prevent HIV
- decide not to engage in high-risk behaviors
- talk about HIV prevention with family, friends, and colleagues
- provide support to people living with HIV/AIDS
- get involved with – or host – an event for National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day in your community
Are you using new media to reach women and girls? If so, we’d love to hear about it! We may even feature your story in an upcoming blog post!