What do new media institutes, usability, and a BIG RED photo booth have in common?
They are some of activities we’re planning for later this month at the U.S. Conference on AIDS (USCA) . This annual conference, hosted by the National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC) , will take place October 29-31st in San Francisco and will bring together public health experts, people living with HIV, government employees, activists, and community leaders from across the country (and a few from around the world!). We’re so grateful to the organizers of USCA — they’ve put together a packed agenda for the conference, and we look forward to taking part.
Here’s a sneak preview of some of our USCA activities for those of you attending the conference– and for those of you who can’t be there in person, we encourage you to follow USCA on Twitter , Facebook , and YouTube .
New to new media, or looking to take your skills to the next level?
- We’re facilitating two new media institutes on Thursday, October 29. In the morning we’re holding two simultaneous sessions— for new and intermediate users. In the afternoon we’ll bring the groups together for a panel of new media experts (from organizations such as POZ , TheBody.com , NASTAD , ISIS Inc. , and others). Be sure to register online now before the October 26 deadline!
Have you heard that AIDS.gov is getting a new look? Want to take a peek and share your thoughts?
- Register to participate in a focus group on Wednesday, October 28 at USCA to discuss the new site and to its mobile presence. Please note you don’t need to be registered for USCA to participate in this activity or the one mentioned below.
- Register for a simple walk-through of the site one-on-one with a facilitator on Thursday, October 29 and Friday, October 30.
(Note: If you’re not going to be in San Francisco next week, there’ll be other opportunities to share your feedback.)
Say “cheese”! Don’t miss our BIG RED photo booth at USCA! We’re launching our Facing AIDS – World AIDS Day campaign at USCA, and you can:
- Stop by booth #306 in the Golden Gate Ballroom, on the lobby level, and fill out a card saying “I / We are Facing AIDS because: ________________.”
- Go in to the booth with your sign and a red ribbon (we will provide the art supplies) and have your photo taken.
- You’ll get a copy of the photo and a link to the photo online so you upload it to your social network profile on December 1, for World AIDS Day!
For those of you who won’t be at USCA, stay tuned for how you can take part in Facing AIDS for World AIDS Day 2009. We’re building off our experiences and your feedback from last year’s campaign — and look forward to Facing AIDS with you again this year.