Though the Opening Session on Sunday evening, July 22nd marks the official start of XIX International AIDS Conference AIDS 2012 , delegates may wish to consider arriving well before then to participate in the many pre-conference events taking place in Washington, D.C. As of today, a number of activities have been announced (see below).
Participation in some of these meetings is by invitation only, but others are open to all delegates (though pre-registration is generally required). Check individual websites for more details. A list of these and other Independent Affiliated Events is available on the conference website and additional events will also be announced in the weeks ahead.
- LIVING 2012: The Positive Leadership Summit (July 19-20)
- 14th Annual Workshop on Co-Morbidities and Adverse Drug Reactions in HIV (July 19-21)
- 7th International Workshop on HIV Transmission – Principles of Intervention (July 19-20)
- Towards an HIV Cure (July 20-21)
- Faith & AIDS 2012: Taking Action Together (July 20-21)
- Children and HIV: Closing the Gap – Ending Vertical Transmission Through Community Action Symposium (July 20-21)
- 2012 Gay Men’s Health Summit (July 20-21)
- 4th International Workshop on HIV Pediatrics (July 20-21)
- MSM Pre-Conference (July 21)
- HIV/AIDS and Housing Leadership Summit (July 21)
The full conference program will be available online in early June at http://www.aids2012.org .