To support the 2012 observance of National HIV Testing Day (NHTD), AIDS.gov (on behalf of HHS) will host a webinar/conference call “HIV Testing for an AIDS-Free Generation” on Tuesday June 26, 2012 from 2-3 p.m. (EDT).
Register for this event, which is open to the public, by June 22. Federal staff, grantees and stakeholders working with domestic HIV/AIDS programs are encouraged to participate.
Dr. Ronald O. Valdiserri (Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health, Infectious Diseases, and Director, HHS Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy) will moderate. Several of the U.S. government’s leading voices on HIV/AIDS will provide updates on the state of HIV/AIDS in the U.S. Speakers include:
• Dr. Grant Colfax (Director, White House Office of National AIDS Policy) (invited)
• Dr. Jonathan Mermin (Director, Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, CDC)
• Mr. Richard Klein (Office of Special Health Issues, FDA)
• Dr. Deborah Parham Hopson (Associate Administrator, HIV/AIDS Bureau, HRSA)
• Mr. David Vos (Director, Office of HIV/AIDS Housing, HUD)
• Dr. Caroline Ryan (Director of Technical Leadership, OGAC)
• Dr. Linda Youngman (ONDCP Liaison, SAMHSA)
• Dr. Maggie Czarnogorski (Deputy Director, Clinical Public Health Programs, Office of Public Health, VA)
This is the third year that AIDS.gov has organized a webinar to support the messages of National HIV Testing Day. As in the past, participants will be encouraged to submit questions using the hashtag #NHTDwebinar on Twitter. There will also be an opportunity for live questions during the event.
Want to find an HIV testing site and other services near you? Use the HIV/AIDS Prevention & Service Provider Locator.