Here are four ways you can use new media to connect to volunteer opportunities and inspire others.
- LOCATE: Go to Serve.gov to find a local service opportunity.
- SHARE YOUR STORY:
- Share your volunteer experience using new media tools, like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc. Your personal story, shared with your personal network can inspire others to do the same.
- Use the hashday #dayofservice to see what people across the country are doing to observe the day
- WATCH AND SHARE: watch and share this video that tells how Dr. King’s birthday evolved into the National Day of Service
- PLEDGE: Sign the White House online pledge to serve throughout the year
Dr. King once said “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are you doing for others?'” We are grateful to the volunteers that support HIV-related work thoughout the year.
What will you do to serve the HIV community?