The 141st American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meeting & Exposition will be held November 2-6, 2013. The theme for the meeting is “Think Global, Act Local: Best Practices Around the World.” APHA provides a myriad of opportunities to learn more about using social media in public health. We have highlighted a few ways that you can learn best practices about social media and HIV.
Social Media Lab
For the first time APHA will host a Social Media Lab. It is an opportunity to get your social media questions answered in a one-on-one session. There are various ways you can get help in the lab:
- Get set-up with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or any other social media platform.
- Learn how to manage social media for your organization.
- Find out how to evaluate your work.
- Find examples of how others are using social media in public health.
Social Media Meetup
Annual Meeting attendees can also connect at a Meetup on Sunday, November 2. Come meet fellow social media users, network, and relax. RSVP here .
AIDS.gov at APHA
AIDS.gov will also be sharing our work at APHA. If you want to learn more about our program please attend these sessions:
- Poster Session, November 4, 2013, 4:30pm-5:30pm, Moving from web to mobile apps for HIV prevention, testing, and treatment: Lessons learned from AIDS.gov
- Oral Presentation, November 6, 2013, 10:30am-12pm, Using policy and data to inform the redesign of AIDS.gov website and other services
We hope to connect with you at APHA!