The 2015 open enrollment period to sign up for health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace—beginning November 15, 2014 and running through February 15, 2015—offers an important opportunity for the HIV community. As part of our World AIDS Day activities, AIDS.gov is hosting a webinar, Toward an AIDS-free Generation: Healthcare Outreach and Enrollment for People Living with HIV, on Monday, November 24, 2014 from 2:00-2:45pm (ET). Designed for HIV service providers, community-based organizations, Federal staff, and other providers this webinar will focus on open enrollment and the critical role the Affordable Care Act plays in the implementation of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy and Viral Hepatitis Action Plan.
Speakers will include the following:
- Dr. Ronald Valdiserri, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health, Infectious Diseases, and Director, Office of HIV/AIDS and Infectious Disease Policy, HHS
- Ms. Tamia Booker, Associate Director, Office of External Affairs, HHS
- Ms. Jeanette Contreras, Office of Communications, CMS
- Dr. Jonathan Mermin, Director, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC
- Dr. Laura Cheever, Associate Administrator, HIV/AIDS Bureau, HRSA
These Federal leaders will discuss the many benefits of the healthcare law for people at risk for or living with HIV or viral hepatitis, and provide an overview of resources available to assist stakeholders in their Marketplace outreach and enrollment efforts, particularly among communities of color and other populations disproportionately impacted by HIV or viral hepatitis.
How to Register
Register by 12:00 Noon (ET) on Sunday, November 23, 2014, at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/146904594 . Space is limited. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Send in Your Questions
Time will be available during the webinar for viewer questions. Send in your questions for the panelists ahead of time by emailing: contact@AIDS.gov. Please write “Webinar Questions” in the subject line.
Spread the Word!
Please spread the word about this webinar as you engage in your own efforts to observe World AIDS Day and promote this year’s theme, “Focus, Partner, Achieve: An AIDS-free Generation.”