On Thursday, July 30, 2015, the White House and AIDS.gov will live stream the release of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy: Updated to 2020 during an all-day event in Atlanta, Georgia. You will be able to view the live stream on the AIDS.gov homepage from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (EDT).
Here are the details for the day (subject to change):
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – The event will feature senior Administration officials, including current Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, as well as former Surgeon General David Satcher
- 11:00 – 12:15 p.m. – Administration officials will present the National HIV/AIDS Strategy: Updated to 2020
- 12:15 – 1:00 p.m. – Panelists will highlight current and upcoming Federal efforts to meet the Strategy’s goals.
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Event break
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Community leaders will discuss the unique needs and perspectives of populations highlighted in the Strategy
- 3:00 – 4:15 p.m. – Panelists will discuss how to implement changes in the private and non-profit settings for advancing the Strategy’s goals
- 4:15 p.m. – Closing remarks
The Strategy has reinvigorated the collective national response to HIV. It has changed the way Americans talk about HIV, as well as the ways they plan and deliver services at the local level to prevent new infections and support those living with HIV to seek treatment and stay in care.
You can read more about the upcoming update and view a video interview with Douglas Brooks, Director of the White House Office of National AIDS Policy, in this blog post from June 29, 2015.
Mark your calendar, visit AIDS.gov’s social media channels for updates and watch this NEW video!